The Saransot domaine has been planted with vines since 1735. At the time, it was part of the Cru Hosten, the most celebrated property in Listrac during the 18th Century. In 1844, a Hosten family heir sold the buildings and vines to the Dupres of Listrac. In 1868, Mr. Dupre renovated the old Hosten buildings and joined them with the Saransot vineayrds to create Chateau Saransot-Dupre. Dupre’s children sold the property in 1875 to the Raymond family, long-established growers in Listrac who had been producing wine in the area since 1756. The Château, together with the 17 hectares of vines, remains in the capable hands of 5th generation Yves Raymond, a trained oenologist. The red wine vineyards are planted mostly with Merlot and Cabernet Franc; contrary to the Médoc practice which favours a predominance of Cabernet Sauvignon, making the Château’s planting actually a return to tradition.